Leadership principles are deliberate choices defining our behavior. When facing complexity, uncertainty, or ambiguity (CUA) we determine our point of view and our actions through the lens of our values:
- Customer Obsession — Mattermost exists to make customers successful. Every project starts with the customer perspective.
- Ownership — Own the outcome of your actions. Act on behalf of the company, not just the team. Never say “that’s not my job.”
- High-Impact — Choose high-impact projects over low-impact projects. Figure out what matters most and focus on those priorities.
- Self-Awareness — Seek to understand strengths and growth opportunities while being open to criticism. Share critiques constructively and respectfully.
- Insist on High Standards — Have relentless high standards. Continually raise the bar for high-quality products and processes.
- Earn Trust — Make decisions based on maximizing the trust of others in your judgement. Be open, self-critical and factual.