This page summarizes where to find legal resources for Mattermost staff.
Here's a list of additional resources related to the legal function:
- Using Standard U.S. Consulting Agreement - Process to bring on a vendor for services using a standardized Mattermost consulting agreement. Using this agreement template can greatly accelerate the speed at which Mattermost can approve services you supply to Mattermost. When a vendor asks for material modifications to our standard terms or add a completely custom agreement, procurement can be materially delayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
While this takes slightly longer, it pays-off long term by answering questions once.
If you're an outside council onboarding to work with Mattermost here's what you need to know:
- 4.We use a Green/Yellow/Red system to discuss legal issues. Depending on your specialty we may design the critiera with your input.
- "Green" is anything minor. Example: Minor changes to our standard agreements, or conforming agreement from an outside party.
- "Yellow" is an issue that can be signed off by a department head, but should be surfaced as an exception in either our contracts management software or at the company-level. Example: Change of jurisdiction from Mattermost, Inc. to the jurisdiction of one of our subsidiaries.
- "Red" is an issue that requires written sign-off from either VP Finance or CEO and escalation to Head of Legal. Example: Change of jurisdiction to a region where we don't reside directly or via a subsidiary (which will most likely be declined).