The People Ops team uses BambooHR to store staff information, records and important documents for HR reporting and analytics, and to organize new hire onboarding and offboarding workflows. Staff use BambooHR to update their personal and emergency contact information, and to reference the organizational chart and staff directory.
The People Ops team will update staff information as it relates to compensation changes, promotions or transfers, new hires, and terminations. For other changes, managers should initiate a change request in BambooHR directly. Reach out to HR if you have any questions.
BambooHR fields that Managers can update
- Job title
- Department This will be the internal team. For example, a Product Manager's Department is "R&D" and their team would be "Product Management."
- Reports To This field is typically updated as part of other processes, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
How to update BambooHR (for Managers)
- 2.Go to the profile of the person you'd like to update.
- 3.In the top left part of the screen hover over Request a Change and select Job Information.
- 4.Enter the updated information and leave any other data listed as-is.
- 5.The effective date will automatically populate the current date.
- 6.If you're updating Department information, please use the first of the following month as the effective date. For example: If you're updating information on July 14th, 2020, please use an effective date of August 1, 2020. If this is an issue, please post the issue in the [Ask the People Team] (https://community.mattermost.com/private-core/channels/ask-people-team) channel. The change date affects Financial Reporting in Netsuite, if the issue requires Finance approval the HR Team will tag the appropriate DRI in channel.
When using Google Drive, always save documents to the appropriate shared drive. When handling confidential or sensitive data in Google Docs, ensure that access to the shared drive is limited to the staff with that data access.
Functional Leads are responsible for creating clear guidelines on how teams and working groups should organize any internal docs that contain confidential data. Teams that are required to handle confidential data should also have documented guidelines on data access based on role.
Staff are discouraged from using their Mattermost Google Drive to store personal information. As a part of offboarding, a Manager may request to transfer a departing team member's files to another staff member. No personal information will be requested via Google Docs from the Company.