Messaging and Math
Overview of Marketing department and where to find materials
Rather than always call a department "Marketing" - which is a broad term that involves every interaction prospects, customers, our broader community and the industry has with our brand, product, and company - we use "Messaging and Math" to refer to the core functions of the department:
Messaging: Define and refine the message we send to audiences (prospects, customers, community, and industry) about our position and value. This work spans product marketing, corporate marketing, brand, PR, AR, and corporate communications.
Math: Define and deliver the infrastructure and campaigns to quantitatively advance our audiences in their audience journeys based on their specific interests, needs and questions. This includes website development and optimization and demand generation campaigns across events, advertising, and email.
DRI for this page: Matt Harper
Weekly check-in to clear tactical issues:
- Downloads and sign-ups
- 1 HN front page post/quarter
- Current projects
- New business discussion
- Public Relationships
- 📁 Press kit (bios, photos, screenshots)
- Customer References
- 📁 Salesforce Report on Referenceable Customers: Lists customers across different stages of being a reference
- Marketing Updates
- Marketing Update - Jan 16, 2020
- M&M runs largely in Mattermost, Asana, and Zoom in North American timezone.