Note: Pull Requests for updates to this page need to be signed off by both VP Finance and CEO in the PR process.
Company agreements should only be signed by CEO, Ian Tien, or VP Finance, Tim Quock, with the following exceptions:
- If you are on-site and need to sign an NDA to enter a facility you may sign such an agreement.
- The following agreements may also be signed by the Head of Legal, Jamie Hurewitz:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Data Privacy Agreements
- The following agreements may also be signed by the VP Finance, Tim Quock.
- Unmodified Order Forms where the Customer is requesting a Mattermost signature.
- Vendor contracts.
- Any contracts with terms that could have material impacts on financing or M&A transactions may only be signed by the CEO (e.g. non-standard liability, indemnification or inability to assign the agreement).
The following staff are approved to send contracts to be e-signed:
- Lynn Conway - Primary for staff agreements
- Amy Nicol - Primary for vendor contracts, consulting agreements, and corporate agreements
- Nikki Johnson - Primary for sales agreements and customer supplier forms
- Jeff Dynda - Approved vendor contracts from legal and customer supplier forms
- Natalie Jew
- Tim Quock
- E-sign request sent on weekdays before 4pm Palo Alto time should be signed by 9pm Palo Alto on the same day and if sent on a weekend signed by 9pm Palo Alto time on the following Monday provided one of the following is true:
- For e-sign from Mattermost staff member: The e-sign is sent by a Mattermost staff member and must have Legal approval. E-signs sent from approved Mattermost staff are preferred since they are archived automatically in our e-sign system.
- For e-sign from outside the company: The e-sign is prepared by a non-Mattermost staff member (potentially a vendor, partner or customer) and Legal approval is provided via email to Ian Tien and Amy Nicol ideally ahead of receiving the e-sign request.
- Within 5 business days of the e-sign completion the contract owner or Mattermost staff submitting for signature should send Amy Nicol a link to the Box.com URL containing the fully executed signature to confirm the archiving of the contract is complete, since archiving is not automatic.
- Note: E-sign requests from non-Mattermost staff are automatically filtered to a spam folder and the spam filter needs to be searched to find the request.
- If the timeline is urgent, or if the e-sign isn't completed by the expected timeline please send Ian Tien and Amy Nicol a Group Direct Message on the Mattermost server to expedite.
- A "wet sign" agreement requires printing and physically signing paperwork with a pen, which is required by some regulatory bodies.
- Culturally, it is important we have a smooth, clear process that makes physically signing paperwork in a remote company almost as easy and error free as signing in a physical office.
- Wet sign process
- The wet sign process should follow the same workflow process as an e-sign process in terms of oversight and approvals, but instead of running the final e-sign a physical signing packet should be created with:
- Two copies of printed paperwork to be signed.
- Each should have sticker labels indicating what is needed to sign, so nothing is missed.
- A pen.
- Appropriate envelopes and/or UPS mailing labels to send the signed package on after it is received.