Frequently asked questions
Last Updated November 15, 2019. 50% Draft
Please register your laptop as soon as you receive it here. Please also register equipment valued over $500 USD, such as phones and monitors.
530 Lytton Avenue, Second floor, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA
+1 (650) 667-8512
- The notes from the Customer Obsession All-Hands and R&D meetings will keep you in sync. Tip: Search #com-summary in the COM channel for meeting summaries by week.
Only the Mattermost, Inc. CEO can sign documents on behalf of the company, with the one and only exception being signing an on-site NDA (non-disclosure agreement) in order to enter a building. More on that here.
Please review Mattermost’s policy on spending company money. You don't have to ask permission before making purchases on behalf of the company. When in doubt, inform your manager before the purchase or as soon as possible after the purchase.
- Discuss the dates you plan to take off with your manager, and decide who will be your backup.
- For meetings you’ll miss, message the chair with any status updates.
- Post in the Stand-up channel the dates you’ll be away and who will be your backup. Add the hashtag #timeoff somewhere in your message so people can spot it easily.
- Book time off in BambooHR. The dates will appear in Bamboo's Who's Out Calendar, so it’s easy for the team to see who is going to be away. More details here.
- Optional: Add an out of office reply in Account Settings > Notifications > Automatic Direct Message Replies.
- If you're taking time off for a personal or family illness in excess of three days, please contact [email protected].
- Company holidays are listed here, but please take off on holidays that are relevant to your culture, country of residence, and preferences.
- Navigate to Google Drive.
- Click the New button.
- Click the type of file you want (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets).
- Select From a template.
- Select Mattermost from the template gallery.
Whenever possible, communicate using Mattermost. Email is typically reserved for communication with external parties. Everyone is encouraged to join us on Mattermost.
- Search for the channel in both the Staff and Contributors teams. If the channel does not exist, create it with a clear name, e.g. “Customer Support”. By default the channel should be public in the Contributors team.
- If private customer or company information is shared, the channel should be in the Staff team.
- If PII or confidential staff information is shared, the channel should be private, and in the Staff team.
- Add relevant members to the channel.
- Create a scratch doc in Google Doc for the channel, e.g. “Customer Support Scratch”.
- Share permissions for channel members to edit the Google Doc.
- Add a link to the Google Doc in channel header, using Markdown formatting, e.g. `[Customer Support Scratch](link to Google Doc)`.
Whenever possible, we share key updates and have discussions in Mattermost. Some of the recommended channels we use are listed below. Note that some channels are available on the Community server and others are available on the Mattermost Staff server.
- Roadmap - Questions about and discussion of the product roadmap, or to view the public roadmap listed in the header
0/5 means you are not very committed or attached to an outcome. 5/5 indicates full confidence and that you would stake your reputation on the opinion. More about these and other terms can be found here.
- Staff contracts are conditioned upon the country/region of reference listed in signed agreements. If you plan to change your residence from the location listed in your agreement, you must receive prior written approval from the company.