Comment on page
Frequently asked questions
Last Updated November 15, 2019. 50% Draft
530 Lytton Avenue, Second floor, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA
+1 (650) 667-8512
Only the Mattermost, Inc. CEO can sign documents on behalf of the company, with the one and only exception being signing an on-site NDA (non-disclosure agreement) in order to enter a building. More on that here.
- Discuss the dates you plan to take off with your manager, and decide who will be your backup.
- For meetings you’ll miss, message the chair with any status updates.
- Optional: Add an out of office reply in Account Settings > Notifications > Automatic Direct Message Replies.
- Navigate to Google Drive.
- Click the New button.
- Click the type of file you want (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets).
- Select From a template.
- Select Mattermost from the template gallery.
- Search for the channel in both the Staff and Contributors teams. If the channel does not exist, create it with a clear name, e.g. “Customer Support”. By default the channel should be public in the Contributors team.
- If private customer or company information is shared, the channel should be in the Staff team.
- If PII or confidential staff information is shared, the channel should be private, and in the Staff team.
- Add relevant members to the channel.
- Create a scratch doc in Google Doc for the channel, e.g. “Customer Support Scratch”.
- Share permissions for channel members to edit the Google Doc.
- Add a link to the Google Doc in channel header, using Markdown formatting, e.g. `[Customer Support Scratch](link to Google Doc)`.
Whenever possible, we share key updates and have discussions in Mattermost. Some of the recommended channels we use are listed below. Note that some channels are available on the Community server and others are available on the Mattermost Staff server.
0/5 means you are not very committed or attached to an outcome. 5/5 indicates full confidence and that you would stake your reputation on the opinion. More about these and other terms can be found here.
- Staff contracts are conditioned upon the country/region of reference listed in signed agreements. If you plan to change your residence from the location listed in your agreement, you must receive prior written approval from the company.