Mobile app release process
The Mattermost Mobile Apps team works on a monthly release process, with a new version submitted to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store on the 16th of each month.
Note: iOS App Store approval may take a few days after the 16th.
Schedule for Mobile App releases:
- Around T-14:
- This is the Feature Complete deadline for the release.
- Cut the release branch based off the
- Cut RC builds based off the release branch for QA release testing. Release testing begins.
- Code Freeze at T-5
- Cut another RC build based off the release branch.
- Note: More frequent RC builds may be requested by the QA team and the Release Manager as we get closer to the release date and as more regression fixes get merged.
- Release Day at T-0