Comment on page
Mattermost Leadership Team (MLT)
Mattermost Leadership Team (MLT) consists of Mattermost department heads plus the CEO
This section outlines:
- Introduction to MLT
- The operations of administrative, tactical, and strategic meetings
- Process for alignment and cascading communications
- Process for quarterly business reviews, planning, and board meetings
- Ian Tien: Co-Founder and CEO
- Corey Hulen: Co-Founder and CTO
- Kendra Niedziejko: CFO
- David Reardon: Chief Revenue Officer
- Nirosha Ruwan: VP, Legal
- Chen-i Lim: VP, Product
- Natalie Jew: VP Human Resources
Preparation for the annual plan and budget for the next fiscal year begins in the second half of the current fiscal year.
In Q3 we have three goals:
- 1.Fiscal year defining objectives for company and departments based on our latest thinking.
- 2.Product Strategy and direction for next fiscal year.
- 3.D0 & D1 Goals by MLT and MLX Directly Responsible Individual
Typically there is not pressure for budget or headcount discussions in Q3, focus is strategy.
Q3 Punchlist for Next Fiscal Year Planning
- 1.The company 3-year aspirations are reviewed
- 2.1% Next Fiscal Year Strategy and Plan are drafted
- 3.At Q3 Planning Offsite, MLT reviews Strategy and Plan for next fiscal year developed from 1% draft
- 4.Action items are documented and developed around obstacles to success of next fiscal year
- 5.Draft budget based on Strategy and Plan and financial investments required to bring plan to life
The focus of Q4 is arriving at a 99% draft of the plan for next fiscal with alignment across MLT and departments, with obstacles mitigated, and headcount and budgets reviewed.
- 1.MLT and middle managers work through key defining objectives and map out D0 and D1 goals for next fiscal year
- 2.Finance works with MLT to draft financials plan for next fiscal year
- 3.Department heads work with their teams, peer stakeholders, and CEO to develop department D2 and D3 goals.
- 4.99% department D2 & D3 goals are reviewed by MLT peers and CEO and agreed
- 5.Plan for next fiscal year